Did you know that your pineal gland is part of the endocrine system in your brain? In fact, it plays a crucial role in regulating almost every function in your body such as sleep, mood, reproduction, growth, body temperature, blood pressure, sensory and motor activity, immune function, appetite, and longevity.
Moreover, the pineal gland regulates your body’s circadian rhythm daily and seasonally. As part of the endocrine system, the pineal synthesizes and secretes a hormone called melatonin directly into the bloodstream.
The pineal gland is not separated from the rest of the body by the blood-brain barrier unlike the rest of your brain so this means that it is not protected from toxins that can build up in the body over time. Therefore, your pineal gland can be clogged, or calcified.
However, there are ways to prevent future build up and even reduce existing calcification…. Here’s how:
- Reduce Fluoride intake: In the 1990s, British scientist Jennifer Luke discovered high concentrations of fluoride in the pineal gland of her subjects. Fluoridated water is one of the main reasons of pineal gland calcification which can lead to various neurological diseases such as autism, depression, dementia, Parkinson’s disease and more. It was found that fluoride exposure may contribute to increased pineal gland calcification and subsequent decreases in nighttime melatonin production that contribute to sleep disturbances. (study) If you live in the United States, most likely you are consuming fluoride as there’s a 74% chance your water has fluoride
- Avoid Calcium Supplements: Calcium has a calcifying effect on the pineal gland and other places in the body. Most calcium supplements contain calcium carbonate, a known calcifying agent. If you need more calcium in your diet, consume more organic whole foods
- Eat Organic Whole Foods; Avoid Processed Foods
Conventionally-grown produce sprayed with pesticides and processed foods are damaging the pineal gland.
Reduce Existing Calcification:
- Detoxify: Detoxify with agents such as Spirulina. The chlorophyll in spirulina cleanses the blood and allows the body to use oxygen more effectively. It neutralizes and excretes toxins.
- Essential Oils: Inhaling essential oils such as Sandalwood, Oregano, Frankincense, Myrrh, Helichrysum will help to reduce calcification in your body and Pineal gland in particular.
- Use fluoride filters to minimize fluoride intake from public water.
- Use fluoride-free toothpaste.